Wednesday, November 30, 2011

A Show In Every State


Well not that it makes much sense but it is something to do. I'm going to start my quest to judge a show in every state. I will pay my own expenses but will need help from many to find shows especially in western states. I will judge these shows free of charge and bring a small award I like to handout called the 'Judges' Choice'. I like to award this small trophy to an exhibitor that I feel has been an all around competitor throughout the day or one who displays sportsmanship 'above and beyond'. It's not usually associated in any way with points or the high point winner. If I don't have a stand out in mind half way through the show, I ask the secretary or others who help at the show, if they know of a worthy recipient. They usually do.
So that said, if you know of a show in your state, let me know. I judge halter, showmanship, western pleasure & horsemanship, trail, hunters & hunter equitation & jumpers. I have some limited experience with non trotters (not pasos), driving (reinsmanship, obstacles, pleasure) and miniature horses.
I will not be able to judge at shows that are not within an hour of an airport except possibly a few east of the Mississippi so if I turn down something it's because of a conflict or geography, please don't take it personally.

1 comment:

  1. If you wind up at a show in SE GA, let me know! I'd love to meet you. We don't show any longer, but it'd be nice to see a show through your eyes and see what has changed in the 10 years since I stopped.

    ReplyDelete

I am just one judge with one judge's opinion. Almost all of the classes I judge are based on the rules of USEF & AQHA. Judging a horse show is very subjective to the interpretation of the rules. Please keep this in mind when commenting.